Main points to be remembered from consumers point of view.
- If consumer gets short delivery of the commodity or thing than it is paid for or contracted for, similarly in the services also, it amounts an offence.
- If trader demands excess quantity than it is paid for or contracted for, similarly in the services also, it amounts an offence.
- Following mandatory declarations are required on any pre-packaged commodity.
- Name and address of the manufacturer or packer or importer.
- Generic name of the commodity.
- Net quantity in terms of standard units of weight or measure or number.
- Month and year in which a commodity is manufactured or packed or imported.
- Retail sale price of package in the form of maximum retail price ........ inclusive of all taxes or in the form of MRP Rs...... inclusive of all taxes.
- For Complaint redressal , every package shall have Name, Address ,Telephone number and Email if available ,of the person of the company.
Regarding M . R .P.
- M R P without mentioning "inclusive of all taxes" amounts to an offence.
- Alteration in MRP printed on package, amounts to an offence.
- Sale of packaged commodity more than MRP printed. (Overpricing), also amounts to an offence.
Appeal is made to the consumers to approach this Organization for the violations, the action will be initiated accordingly.
Appeal is also made to the Manufacturers,Packers and Traders to ensure the compliance of legal Provisions for protecting the interest of consumers and avoid the possible legal action under the Acts and Rules.